Conversation to Conversion: Read Revelation 5:11-14
Jesus cared about the Samaritan woman. His conversation with her resulted in the conversion of many Samaritans. This was more than just talk; Jesus touched her life in meaningful ways. Both Jesus’ approach to the Samaritan woman, and her response, provide us with a powerful example. His touch in our lives must lead us to worship.
IV. Worship in Spirit and Truth
1. Note the instructions about our conversations-
2. What is worthy of worship in our lives? John 4:23-26
True worship that is “in spirit and truth” brings blessing to the worshiper and to the world around him. Mark Moore explains worship in his book How to Dodge a Dragon: “It is not what we do, but what we are aware of…it’s fair to say that you have not worshiped until you get a clear vision of God.
3. When did you really see God? Were you aware of who he is and what he has done?” (John 4:34, 35)
4. The Samaritan woman heard Jesus’ claim, and she realized who he was. It changed everything. Soon the whole town knew. Is it possible to have these kinds of results in your town? How?
5. One of the reasons Jesus is worthy of worship is because he was the fulfillment of God’s promise to send a Messiah. Note the promises to us that are found in Revelation 22: 7, 10, and 12.
Key Question: What things need to change in your life to bring you to a place of worship in spirit and truth?